How to get an apprenticeship:
Benefits of doing an apprenticeship?
- Training on the job with selected specialised programmes.
- Training on the job leading to a qualification NZMAC ITO supports, has many benefits.
- You are earning while you learn.
- No student loan! No long periods of time off work to train.
- You finish your training with a job.
- The job is one you have chosen.
- You gain practical skills.
- These skills are nationally recognised, Show employers across New Zealand you’ve got what it takes.
- The skills you gain are in demand, valued and transferable to other industries.
What industry is right for you?
The NZ marine industry needs talented apprentices in a wide variety of trades to support growth in industries including boatbuilding, painting, rigging, engineering and more.
Apprentices are needed to help drive cutting-edge applications for composite materials in industries such as aerospace, automotive, marine, energy, sports and recreation.
NZ’s Marine Facilities need talented apprentices to maintain our international reputation of well designed, pristine marinas, superb customer service and boatyards.
How we provide support
- All of our field officers have first-hand experience in the industry.
- We visit our apprentices every 8-12 weeks, wherever you work in New Zealand.
- Acting as advisors, mentors, and coordinators for the apprentice.
- Negotiating customised on-going training plan goals and objectives for training delivery and assessment.
- Coordinating off-job training solutions.
- Evaluating training progress by conducting Unit Standard Assessments.
Latest success storiesAll success stories
Success at C-Quip International Jay-Evan Paskell completed a gateway placement at Lloyd Stevenson Boatbuilders Ltd at high school. After enjoying
Ready to get started?
Check out our available qualifications and find one that’s right for you.
JobsAll job vacancies
As a growing and innovative boat builder we at Rae Line Boats are looking to bring another passionate and committed member on to our team. While