Here are some commonly asked questions about apprenticeships in the marine, composites and marina industries:
Secondly, the employer must be willing to train you by registering you with NZMAC.
Thirdly, once you are registered with us, we will organise and manage your apprenticeship until you have completed.
Should you have any further questions, contact our team on 0800 600 242
- You earn money while you learn
- You gain practical skills that you can use on the job from day one
- A NZMAC ITO qualification is nationally and internationally recognised
- The skills you learn are in demand and transferrable
- Our Field Officers provide individual support with visits every 8 – 12 weeks, wherever you work in NZ
We encourage all applicants to check their fees free eligibility.
Follow the link to the fees free site here: www.feesfree.govt.nz
- Follow the link above
- Enter your National Student Number (NSN)
- Select industry-based training ( Tab 2 )
- If the results return unknown, please download the statutory declaration form located at the bottom of the page.
If you do not qualify for fees free, an apprenticeship costs on average is between $1,100 – $1,400 per year. This excludes any requirement to undertake blockcourses.