Voltaic Electric Jets is a fast-growing and exciting start-up developing high performance electric jet propulsion systems for boats. Our vision is to eliminate combustion engines on small watercraft. Believe it or not, but 10,000 outboards produce the same emissions as 1.5 million cars!
We are looking for a highly skilled Electrical Engineer to join our fun team here in Auckland. We are a young and dynamic company, and there is potential for the person in this role to have a big influence on Voltaic’s future direction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have electrical engineering qualifications
- Be prepared to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Be capable of working with, testing and assembly of <120 V DC power systems
- Be comfortable being in a boat and on water, as part of the job will involve regular on-water testing
- A fun personality with a good sense of humor
- Be experienced with electric vehicles
- Marine sector experience is a bonus
- Mechatronics engineers will also be considered if they have strong interest / experience with EVs
- Electrical layout planning and design
- Research into and sourcing suitable electrical components (batteries, controllers, motors, etc)
- Consulting with our experts and advisors to help make recommendations and decisions
- Electronics integration
- Assisting with systematic field testing of electric jet boats
- Designing testing rigs and systems
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.