The New Zealand Marine, Composites & Marina industries need skilled tradies. With an apprenticeship at NZMAC ITO you can learn practical, transferable skills while you earn; so no student loan at the end.
Employers and Companies
Has your workload increased requiring more skilled labour to future-proof your company? Are you considering up-skilling your current staff? Investing in Industry Training will bring many benefits to your company, apprentices and the Industry.
NZMAC ITO have custom solutions and programmes for students to engage with the Industry through our own TEC approved Launch it, School to Work Transition programme. Students can earn credits towards NCEA level 2 or 3.
A bit about NZMAC ITO
The New Zealand Marine & Composites Industry Training Organisation (NZMAC ITO) facilitates state-of-the-art training for the NZ Marine and Composites Industries.
NZMAC ITO is appointed by the Government to develop professional qualifications and set standards for the marine and composites industries. To accomplish that we work with our apprentices, their employers and training providers to ensure high quality training.
- Provide apprentices with pathways to qualifications and ongoing learning, raising the overall skill level in New Zealand’s marine and composites industries.
- Work with influencers in the industry to ensure our qualifications, resources and programmes are relevant and up to date with current regulations.
- Visit employers and apprentices regularly to assess Unit Standards, evaluate progress.
- All of our Field Officers with first-hand experience in the industry make visits every 8 – 12 weeks acting as advisors and mentors.
- Provide pathways and individualised programmes for those still at school.
At NZMAC ITO we develop people who build and deliver world class boats, products and services.
To ensure the training we facilitate is of the highest quality, we provide the following support to every trainee, no matter where they work in New Zealand.
Industry Training Organisations carry out the following statutory functions under the Industry Training Act (1992):
- Set national skill standards for their industries.
- Arrange for the delivery of on and off-job training.
- Arrange for the assessment of apprentices.
- Provide information and advice to apprentices and their employers.
- Provide leadership within the industry on matters relating to skill and training needs.
Why you should train with NZMAC ITO
- The training is industry relevant which has been designed by industry for industry.
- Training will allow your company to meet current and future skill needs.
- Higher staff retention.
- Training creates a positive workplace culture.
- Training attracts potential staff.
- Demonstrates your commitment to training and development of your staff.
New Zealand’s award-winning marine training organisation, the NZMAC ITO, has been transformed into a new comprehensive marine and specialist
Launched last month T/T Skorpios is the latest custom superyacht tender from Auckland's Lloyd Stevenson Boatbuilders. Constructed as a high-end